Monday, August 17, 2009

Muscle Biopsy!

Moko is the first photo for a reason... Because I wanna put my readers at a state of calmness with a photo of a cute dog...

Breakfast as provided by the research group... Best thing they gave me all day... This photo is harmless...

That's usually how I marinate meat at home before cooking it... Drown it in some sauce and wrap it in cling wrap... Well... Actually in this photo, I'm getting some local anesthesia to lower the pain sensation... This photo is still very harmless...

Getting my blood drawn... I donated 3 small cylinder of blood to science! =x Oh btw... Any photos beyond this one... VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!

See that little red piece of meat there? That's a piece of me... A micro-biopsy of my vastus lateral muscle... I'm not eating steak tonight... Or maybe tml night as well...

Here we have Dr. Anthony Blazevich insisting the guide biopsy needle into my thighs... This photo is from the THIRD biopsy... Yup... They did 3 biopsy on me today, taking out 2 pieces of muscle each time... After the first biopsy, I was made to do leg presses... They insist a fat ass needle into me... Took out 2 piece of me... And ask me to do leg presses after 30 minutes! Perfect! =P

Here... A SECOND needle is insisted into the first one... This one has a cutting edge... Which does the cutting...

Guide needle sticking out of my thigh...

Another view! You can see how deep the needle went into my thighs... It was not very painful... A prick blood test is actually worst... But... Seriously... Having a fat ass needle in your thigh is not the most comfortable of feelings... Worst still... 4 more biopsies will be performed on me... 3 in 4th week of training and 1 more after the whole thing... Great! Just great! =x

The 1st biopsy was quite painful, first time and the after-effect was quite bad... Felt dizzy and just wanna lay down... Perhaps it's because it is conducted in early morning and my blood glucose level is not stable yet... The 2nd biopsy was the least painful... Sorta 'used' to it... But was still very tensed up (hey! they are sticking this thick needle into me! You will be tensed too if u are me!)... The 3rd and last biopsy of the day is the worst... No idea why but the anesthesia cream didn't have a full effect...Could feel really well the insistion of the needle... And the cutting... AAAHHH! It's the most painful, but weirdly enough... Most bearable... Go figure... Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment