Monday, August 3, 2009

Life Must Go ON!

I didn't know aloe vera can have thorns...

Or grow like a tree!

Or flower...

What I also didn't know is that... Those are not aloe vera! They are all part of the aloe family of plants... While the aloe vera is merely 1 specie of this large family... And the most common of the aloe... Yet... Today I went to the Botonica garden and gained a little knowledge...

Part of the Lotterywest Walkway in the Botanica garden in King's Park... Lovely little place to have a picnic... Roll on the greens... And look at plants... =D

And with the visit to King's Park... A little bit of shopping... And my family is back to Singapore... Oh well... A little sad... But life MUST go on! So we drink beer... =x Here we have a Pure Blonde with an upside down label...

And there is 2 constant in life... Tax and death... I'm not about to die yet... Nor interested in it... So I will pay my taxes! Tried to understand the information from the computer screen... It's damn tireding to read from a computer screen... So I got the tax-pack from the newsagency... Hehehe... Yup... I'm filing tax return for $11 of tax...

And finally! I got myself a certificate frame from the city for $2... Which is really cheap considering the quality... Solid wooden frame with glass panel... Cheap and good... That's how Singaporeans like it! So now I have my Poly diploma hanging on my wall... I graduated half a year later compared to my peers because I got retained for half a year... For ONE module... ONE bloody module... ONE! The interesting story here is that my father didn't scold me when he found out (mainly because I was in Korea when my result was released...)... I found out later from my mum that my dad failed ONE module during his Uni days while completing his BEng in Civil Engineering... =x Failing is certainly a lesson to learn from... And I think this failure made me a better person... Failing and getting retained is a feeling I would never wanna felt again... NEVER. So that's a promise to myself... And everyone around me... =)

After all... How can you fully taste the sweetness of success without first knowing the bitterness of failure?

No comments:

Post a Comment